This sample uses CTP (Community Technical Preview) features. The API and behavior may change when these features are released with full support.
- iOS 7 ios ios
- Android hololight android android/hololight
- Android hololightdark android android/hololightdark
- Android holodark android android/holodark
- Windows Phone 7 light wp7 windowsphone/light
- Windows Phone 7 dark wp7 windowsphone/dark
Experience this sample on your smart phone
The ListView supports load-on-demand scenarios in two ways. First, child data can be requested on demand for multi-level layouts using the LoadChildrenOnDemand option. Second, lists can be configured by level to load their own items on demand. On the parent level, this sample demonstrates loading children on demand. When the child level of data is loaded, a portion of the data is loaded and pressing the 'Load more items' buttom loads more of the data. On the server, this sample shows how the request parameters are parsed to manually retrieve the desired items as well as how to configure the JSON response to contain the appropriate schema for the ListView.